Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A wonderful long weekend!

I had the best time this weekend. We did not have a wedding to go to and we got so much done!
Friday was great! I was told that we could leave the office at 2! I was so excited to miss Atlanta traffic on a holiday weekend that I sprinted out the door right at 2. I went home and got all of our 'Save the Date' envelopes labeled and stuffed. I thought that it was going to be an "all night long" project and it only took me 2 hours!
JM got home just in time for me to be finishing up... But he went to work on the tile backsplash in the kitchen, and I got to lay on the couch and get some good TV time in and went to the kitchen to see how it was going once in a while...
Saturday was the day that I had been waiting for for months- but I will get to that later...
We went to the gym first thing. (We have been trying to do this more and more often- and it makes me feel great all day!) When we were on the way home we remembered that there was a garage sale going on across the street. I have been looking for some chairs for our formal living room (it currently has a pool table in it- but the beer signs are gone), so I was hoping that maybe they had one good one. We got there and introduced ourselves (Is it sad that they live two doors down and have never met them?), and out of the corner of my eye I spotted two chairs that looked perfect for the living room, after recovering them of course! Then she told us that she had another chair in her room that she didnt bring down yet. We followed her up and I took one look at the chair and knew it had great potential! Plus is matches the one that JM's wonderful momma gave us a few weeks ago!
So we got all 3 chairs... and only spent $70!!!! I was so excited because they have a chair that is very very similar at an antique store across from my office for a few hundred $!

BUT that is not even why I was so excited about this Saturday... I was so excited about this Saturday in particular because MY WEDDING DRESS IS HERE!!!! I met my mom and MOH (the best MOH in the world, Kerry) at the bridal shop and tried it all on... Shoes, crinoline the whole nine yards! I truely felt like a princess right then and there. I have never been so excited to wear something in my entire life! OF course I can not share a single detail because JM is reading as well...but I can tell you that I cannot wait to see his face as I walk down that aisle! As Kerry says the dress is "show stoppin'"

After the Bridal Shop we headed over to Buckhead to have lunch at Cafe Niko. We decided that is where the Bridal Luncheon will be... not only because the food is great, but the Bloody Mary's are to die for!
Then we picked out the Wedding invitations! They are beautiful- but you will have to wait see them!

Saturday night JM went to a Brave's Game (Go Bravos!) and I had the house all to myself... I read and watched some girl-y TV!
Saturday could not have been a more perfect day!

Sunday JM went to another Brave's game with my PaPa, dad, and brother. And I got to hang out with Kerry again! We hung out all day on the couch and it was just like old times!
Sunday night we relaxed and went to bed early again!

Monday was an eventful day! We woke up and went back to the gym and then came home to finish the rest of the backsplash! IT IS DONE!!!! HE put the grout on... or in the crackes... I dont know how to word that the right way, but I wiped it all off... IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!!! Next step is the tile floor... However I am not sure if we are going to do that ourselves or not now... might be easier to just hire someone. We will see...
Monday night we went out for a Mexican dinner with a group of neighborhood friends! I am so excited that we have two great couples that live with in a mile of us!

Sorry for such a long post, but really I could not have had a better weekend and just had to share it with you!

1 comment: