Monday, July 11, 2011

The Nursery...

Some of you know that JM has been hard working on the nursery for his baby girl... ( yes we do have a name I am just not sure about announcing it yet- sorry that I am a pretty private person- hell I don't even share pics on facebook anymore!)

So...

It has been a SERIOUS construction project... and man has it ever paid off. There are a few things left to do... The window treatments are being custom made by my wonderful MIL, Terry... and she said that she will help me with the bedding too! YAY! They will be here in the final pics of the nursery to come!

Without further adieu... The McCracken Nursery!

Before... a Guest Bedroom...





While I was in NYC, JM surprised me and when I got home and the room looked like this...



and then add a little crown moulding to the top...



and with some fresh paint and furniture... It looks like this!
Yes I am sitting in the glider... might be my favorite place in the house!

and another... the crib! It was mine... and yes we made sure that it is up to code and is not a death trap...



Here is a pic from the night before (we didn't have the crib up yet) but it is me in the glider... the best chair in the world! It reclines and swivels... and even has a foot stool that glides with it. Will be perfect when she gets here! (and yes we did scrape the windows too!)


We love it! we did not want to do anything girly and keep it pretty gender neutral. I mean what if the next one is a boy? We do NOT want to re-do that room again for a LONG TIME! Once the curtains, valence, roman shades (black out of course!), bed skirt and bumpers are done... it will look 100 times different!
More pictures to come...

6 months down and only a few to go. We cannot wait to meet our little girl!

xoxo and a Happy Monday to you!

2 comments:

  1. Precious! Love that she's using your furniture. That's a really sweet memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So freaking adorable...it'll be here before you know it!!!

    ReplyDelete