Monday, March 28, 2011

Meet Lil Bunny...


This is Little Baby McCracken.

Last week we had our first ultrasound! It was the coolest thing I think I have ever seen.... A real living baby. A perfectly healthy heart beat. A little brain developing. Such a tiny little thing. The size of a kidney bean.

So I guess it is time that I do one of those question things... About the baby of course. And no in case you are wondering this blog will not be all about the little baby. It will still be about our lives and the madness that goes along with being a newlywed! Of course there will be a few baby ones in here though- maybe a once a week survey... Like so many others have done before me...

Here we go!

*How far along?: 9 Weeks 2 days

*How big is baby?: The size of a grape!

*Sex: Going to erase this one soon- but we are NOT finding out! We have made it clear to all that know in IRL that we want the surprise- so if you have an opinion- please, PLEASE keep it to yourself... I am hormonal and if you feel the need to call OUR baby a "he or she" then I might kill you. :) We will also let the Dr and U/S tech as well know that we DO NOT WANT TO KNOW!

*Maternity clothes: Not yet... I am a little "thicker in the middle", but just bloated. The Bella Band is a life saver right now! Buttoning my low rise jeans is over-rated right?!?!?

*Stretch marks: Not yet... However I have heard many things on this- if you are genetically prone to them (i.e. your momma got them) then you will get them. Well I have a few already for the ups and downs over time... Do I care? Not so much- but will I try to prevent my stomach looking as if a wild cat got to it? Duh... the answer is hell yes! So any advice of lotion, oils, hell even magic spells? I will take it! Right now just cocoa butter for my extra dry skin!

*Sleep: OK... Right now Tilly (our kitty) thinks that she has to be with me all the time. She sleeps all over me or right in between my legs. She is SO sweet, but it is keeping me up. OH and having to pee all night long keeps me from falling right back to sleep... Oh well. I have a theory that Tilly knows that there is a baby in there, and that she is protecting me... and the pee thing- well just to prepare me to get up every night once LBM gets here. Right?

*Movement:Not yet, but but I cannot even wait for that!

*Food cravings: NO... More like Food Aversions. I will think that I want something only to have it make me sick a minute later. Nothing even sounds good right now.

*Labor signs: N/A

*Belly button in or out: Still in.

*What I miss: Not much yet... I miss not being SO tired. I don't miss the alcohol or anything... But I will miss a cute bikini in St. Lucia! (The girls are WAY out of control!)

*What I'm looking forward to: My next appointment! April 15th! Then the next day we will announce it to the world and leave the country! YAY for St. Lucia! It will be SO nice to get away and relax for a while week!!!

Best moment of the week: Last week it was meeting Lil Bunny McCracken (LBM) and seeing a healthy heartbeat! We also got some great pictures like the one above! It was also getting put on Zofran for the nausea... it is helping some. And this week it was dinner last night. We went our to Alfredo's in Buckhead for my Mom's birthday dinner! We missed chip but it was a great time! and the garlic bread was to die for.



So this past weekend was AMAZING. We left Friday and headed to South GA to see some friends and family and have a good time. That we did for sure! More on that tomorrow...

Hope you are having a Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I think it's so cool you aren't going to find out! It's truly the last great surprise in this technology-obsessed, need-to-know-right-now world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! So excited for your growing little family!

    ReplyDelete